These high energy whopper protein bars are the perfect snack option for anyone with significant energy / training demands or needing to add protein to their diet.
These protein bars have a combination of both whey and casein that will provide a sustained supply of protein to the body. They are also a great snack for anyone aiming to gain mass or even as a healthy treat option.
– 5 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
– 5 scoops vanilla casein protein powder
– 4 scoops coconut flour
– 3 scoops milled seed mix
– 3 scoops ground almonds
– 1 scoop chia or poppy seeds
– 1 scoop honey
– 100 g 90% dark chocolate, ground in blender
– 4 scoops whole milk
1. In a large bowl, and using the same-sized scoop for all ingredients, mix all of the dry ingredients.
2. Then add the milk, and its easiest to use your hands to knead the mix. Be warned that it gets messy.
3. Add extra couple scoops of milk if needed, but use as little liquid as possible while still being able to create a paste.
4. If using chia seeds, then you will need more milk than with poppy seeds. If using milled chia seeds, then you will need more milk than whole chia seeds.
5. Press the paste into a baking tin lined with baking paper.
6. Leave in fridge for at least 2 hours.
7. Remove from fridge and tin, and using a sharp knife, slice into desired number of bars e.g. 12.
8. Cover with a towel and allow to air-dry for around 12 hours.
9. After air-drying, wrap in tinfoil and refrigerate for up to 7 days.