Tasty, filling and easy to make! An ideal dinner option that contains lots of fibre, protein and healthy fats. Interesting fact: Teriyaki is a mixture of soy sauce, sake and ginger, used in Japanese cookery as a marinade for fish or meat dishes.
– 2 salmon fillets
– 5 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
– Zest and juice of 1 lime
– 2 Tbsp. honey
– 1 small red chilli, chopped
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– 1 inch cube of ginger, finely chopped
– 1 sweet potato
– 1 parsnip
– 2 bell peppers
– 2 carrots
– 1 red onion
– Head of broccoli
– Bunch of coriander, chopped
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Chop the vegetables (sweet potato, parsnip, bell peppers, carrots, red onion, broccoli, coriander), and spread on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season if desired, and roast for 30 minutes.
3. While they roast, heat olive oil in a pan on medium-high heat, and fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for 3 minutes.
4. Add the lime zest and juice, soy sauce and honey, and cook until reduced and sticky.
5. Meanwhile, in a hot griddle pan, sear the salmon for two minutes on each side.
6. When the sauce is reduced, place the salmon in a baking dish and pour the teriyaki sauce on top.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, before removing the salmon and vegetables to serve.