Eggs and sweet potatoes flavoured with coconut oil, salt and pepper is a simple but delicious recipe. It can be cooked up quickly as a nutritious lunch, brunch or a quick healthy dinner. The great thing about this recipe is you only need a few ingredients and its simple to make.
“Hash” the name is derived from the French verb hacher (to chop). In the case this recipe it contains chopped potatoes and onion that is flavoured with salt and pepper. From a nutrition point, this meal is high in quality protein (the eggs) and provides a slow and sustained energy from the sweet potato. If you prefer to use regular white potatoes they will work great too!
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 1 onion
– 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 1 Tbsp. butter
– ¼ tsp. salt
– ¼ tsp. pepper
– 2 eggs
1. Grate or shred the sweet potato using a peeler or food processor.
2. Chop an onion into small pieces.
3. Transfer the shredded sweet potato to a large bowl and toss with salt, pepper, onion and dried herbs.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and add in the sweet potatoes with onion.
5. Cook the sweet potato for roughly 10 minutes, mixing regularly (until the sweet potato is soft and cooked through).
6. For the eggs, make some space in the middle of the hash and crack in the eggs, place the sweet potato with the eggs in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until the eggs are cooked to desired liking!