Sprouts don’t need to be boring! This quick and easy snack for in the lunchbox or on the go is an ideal low GI meal to keep you going during the day.
Sprouts don’t have to be something you only eat during the festive period. They are an excellent vegetable to have with main meals to fill you up while also providing fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Adding some bacon with coconut oil brings great taste and flavour.
– 1 net of Brussels sprouts
– 100 g pancetta, diced
– 1 Tbsp. coconut oil OR goose fat
– 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Remove stalk and outer leaves from sprouts and cut in half lengthways.
- Toss in melted oil OR fat, salt and pepper.
- Put on a baking tray and sprinkle pancetta on top. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes.
- Move to a serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic.