Potato wedges are a quick and simple option if you are in a hurry and want something to accompany a meat and vegetable dish.
Potatoes are a starchy vegetable, so they are high in carbohydrate. This makes them suitable for both recovery and preparation for intense exercise. The high carbohydrate content of potatoes makes them particularly good for carbohydrate loading for exercise competition.
– 2 white potatoes
– 1 sweet potato
– 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– Sprinkle of sea salt
– Sprinkle of cumin
– Sprinkle of smoked paprika
– Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Chop potatoes into wedges and toss in a large bowl with the olive oil, cumin, paprika, pepper and salt.
3. Spread the slices evenly over a baking tray greased with coconut oil.
4. Bake for 15 minutes, flip them over, and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
5. Serve as a side with any dish of your choice.