Simple to make these beef burgers are a great protein source. Nothing beats making your own beef burgers! You know exactly whats in there and you can make them taste how you like with fresh spices and herbs. Beef burgers go great with oven baked parsnip chips!
These tasty beef burgers are ideal for an evening dinner with some roast vegetables, baked potato, parsnip chips or sweet potato mash. They provide close to 30 g of protein each making them a great choice for your gym days.
– 500 g lean beef mince
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– 1 red onion, finely chopped
– 1 egg
– Pinch of salt and pepper
– ½ tsp. dried basil
– ½ tsp. chilli powder
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Beat the egg along with garlic, basil, chilli, salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl and using your hands, add the chopped onion to the beef mince.
3. Next, add the egg mix, mixing well using your hands and then form into four burgers (quarter pounders).
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, and pre-heat the oven to 190°C.
5. On a baking tray greased with olive oil, cook for 20 to 30 minutes depending on how well you like your burgers done.
6. Alternatively, grill or pan-fry for 3 to 6 minutes each side, again depending on your cooked preference.