Hugely filling and satisfying! This baked eggs and beans dish is ideal for a non-training day breakfast, lunch or dinner.
If you are looking for a tasty rest day meal for dinner this is a great option. High in protein, healthy fats and loads of fibre from the beans and vegetables. The chilli gives a really great kick to the dish but you can of course leave it out if you don’t like your food spicy!
– 300 g beef mince, lean
– 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– 1 onion, chopped
– 1 red chilli, finely chopped
– 1 green chilli, finely chopped
– 300 g beans
– 500 g chopped tomatoes
– Small head of broccoli , chopped
– 5 mushrooms, chopped
– 4 eggs
– Mature cheddar or mozzarella
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
2. Brown the beef in olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
3. Add onion, broccoli, chillies and mushrooms, and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add beans (rinsed and drained) and chopped tomatoes, and stir for 2 minutes.
5. Create 4 wells in the mix, and carefully crack an egg into each well.
6. Season with salt and pepper or any of your favourite spices, and bake in oven for 5 minutes.
7. Remove and add cheddar (grated) or mozzarella (chopped) and bake for further 5 minutes.