Spinach and avocado are two green vegetables that work really well together in a smoothie. They provide an abundance of nutrients while avocado brings a creamy tasty texture to the smoothie.
Avocado is one of the only fruits that provides an excellent source of healthy fats, most fruits are primarily rich in carbohydrate. This makes avocado an ideal fruit to have in a rest day smoothie.
– 150 mL water or almond milk
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
– Handful of spinach
– ½ avocado
– 1 banana
– 2 tsp. wheatgrass powder
– 1 tsp. manuka honey
– Handful of fresh mint leaves
– 4 ice cubes
1. Blend all ingredients and serve.
2. For a thicker or thinner smoothie, adjust the amount of milk and ice-cubes to suit your preference.