This Rainbow Salad is a colourful salad is an excellent recovery meal with quality protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
This colourful salad is an excellent recovery meal with quality protein and a variety of vitamins and minerals. The high fibre salad gets its vibrant name from the combination of mixed leaves, red peppers, baby tomatoes, blueberries and grated carrot. This salad would work well as a recovery meal after the gym or alternatively this low carb salad could be eaten on-the-go for non-training days as the healthy fats deliver a steady supply of energy to get you through the day as well as providing the feeling of fullness.
– Handful of mixed salad leaves
– 1 red pepper, chopped
– 10 baby tomatoes, halved
– Handful of blueberries
– 2 carrots, grated
– 60 g bacon, cooked and chopped
– 1 chicken fillet, cooked and chopped
– 2 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
– Balsamic vinegar
– Extra virgin olive oil
– Salt and pepper
- Prepare vegetables and meat as per the ingredients list before combining in a large salad bowl.
- Dressing: Mix the balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, and add it to the salad.
- Serve or store refrigerated for up to a day.