Quinoa Frittata is a great all-in-one meal that ticks all the right boxes for containing quality sources of protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
Here, we use spinach and feta, but like most quiches or frittatas, any fresh vegetables that you have to hand tend to work well. Quinoa is a gluten-free seed that is a source of carbohydrate and protein, and combined with the eggs and your choice of meat gives this recipe a high protein content. This makes it an easy to prepare recovery meal, or this dish can also be re-heated or eaten cold making it a useful lunchbox option.
– 6 eggs
– 40 g feta cheese, crumbled
– 60 g quinoa, uncooked
– Handful l of baby spinach
– 100 g cooked bacon OR ham OR chicken
– 1 tsp. butter
- Cook quinoa according to your preferred method.
- Whisk eggs and add in the cooked quinoa, feta cheese, spinach and bacon OR ham OR chicken.
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan and melt the butter.
- Pour mixture into the pan and cook for two minutes on high heat.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake at 180℃ for 15 minutes or until the middle is firm.
- Remove from the oven, taking care of the hot handle and serve or refrigerate.