These Protein Mini-Cheesecakes are a great high protein recovery treat. It’s quick and easy to make these low carb treats!
Different to the commercially available high sugar versions these Protein Mini-Cheesecakes are a combination of protein and healthy fats for the base and yogurt, eggs and whey powder for the high protein filling. We used vanilla whey but feel free to use any flavoured whey and whichever fruit you would like to serve them with. Quick and easy to make these low carb treats would work well as a high protein desert or as a simple lunchbox treat they would also be useful on a non-training day as a filling treat on-the-go.
– 40 g ground almonds
– 1 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
– 2 Tbsp. nut butter – almond OR cashew
– 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
– 200 g Greek yoghurt
– 2 eggs
– 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
– 2 Tbsp. honey (optional)
– Handful of blueberries
For the base:
- Blend together all the ingredients.
- In a non-stick muffin tin, press the mixture evenly between moulds.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 5 minutes at 160˚C.
For the topping:
- Combine all the ingredients well, except blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-baked bases and cook for a further 10 minutes at 160˚C.
- Allow to cool before carefully removing the cheesecakes and topping with blueberries.