High energy, intensely nutty dark chocolate protein bars. These are a great snack for anyone who exercises regularly and needs lots of calories.
These protein bars made with nuts, seeds, oats and whey can be used as a healthy high energy snack on training days. They will keep you satisfied for hours due to the fibre, protein and healthy fat content. Keep them individually wrapped for longer freshness.
– 2 Tbsp. oats, blitzed
– 4 scoops (~150 g) vanilla whey protein powder
– 2 scoops (~75 g) chocolate whey protein powder
– 2 Tbsp. ground almonds
– 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
– 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
– 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
– 50 g dark chocolate, 85%, grated
– 3 Tbsp. almond butter
– 3 Tbsp. crunchy peanut butter
– 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 2 Tbsp. honey
1. Blitz 2 Tbsp. oats in a blender until it becomes a powdery consistency, and mix with all of the other dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In medium-sized non-stick pan on medium heat, melt nut butters, coconut oil & honey, but do not boil or carmelise.
3. Remove from heat and quickly add to the dry ingredient mix, mixing well.to form a dough.
4. Add a little almond or whole milk 1 Tbsp. at a time if the mix is not forming a dough.
5. Spread the dough in a shallow 8×8 pan lined with baking paper, and pack down tightly.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before cutting into the desired number of bars e.g. 8 bars.
7. Individually wrap the bars in tin foil for longer lasting freshness, which will keep for up to 7 days.