While these brownies are mainly a treat they also double up as a great source of quality protein and healthy fats.
Using a variety of protein sources including eggs, casein powder and nuts this high protein treat would work well as a tasty on-the-go snack as part of a recovery strategy. With a sustainable energy source of healthy fats this filling brownie could be used as a non-training day recovery snack.
– 120 g 85% dark chocolate
– 100 g nut butter
– 30 g butter OR coconut oil
– 2 Tbsp. dark honey
– 4 eggs
– 3 scoops casein protein powder (chocolate OR vanilla flavour)
– 2 Tbsp. flaked almonds
1. Melt chocolate, nut butter and coconut oil together before adding eggs and honey, and beating into a thick mixture.
2. Add casein powder, and mix well.
3. Transfer to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚C for 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with flaked almonds and allow to cool.