Mixed Vegetable Mash is a quick and easy side dish that’s nutrient-dense and can be made using whichever vegetables that you have to hand.
Here we are using cauliflower and a mix of greens. Mixed vegetable mash can be a great alternative to mashed potatoes, particularly when you’re looking for a low carbohydrate accompaniment.
– ½ head of cauliflower
– ½ head of broccoli
– 100 g frozen peas, thawed
– 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
– 20 g butter
– Pinch of salt
– Pinch of black pepper
- Chop the broccoli and cauliflower into individual florets.
- Steam the florets for 8 to 12 minutes, or until soft to mash.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, blend to a coarse consistency.
- Add the peas, spinach and butter, and blend to a mash consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.