These pancakes are a great high protein, low carbohydrate breakfast or snack option which taste as good (if not better) than the sugar-laden real deal.
These pancakes are a great high protein breakfast or late night snack option. Prepared using a blend of eggs, whey and coconut flour these light and fluffy American style pancakes are low carbohydrate and high in fibre. You can use whichever fresh fruit you have to hand in this recipe we used antioxidant rich blueberries and strawberries. Quick and easy to prepare these gluten free pancakes would work well as high protein desert on a non-training day.
– 3 eggs
– 1 scoop chocolate OR vanilla whey protein
– 1 Tbsp. coconut flour
– 2 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar OR lemon juice
– 150 g blueberries
– 100 g strawberries, halved
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Beat eggs and mix with the remaining ingredients except for the fruit, cinnamon and oil.
- Mix pancake batter together well before gently combining with half of the blueberries.
- On a medium to high heat using a non-stick pan with coconut oil, cook pancakes for 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form on the surface, flip and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Serve with blueberries, strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.