Salads don’t come more nutritious than this! Kale is a highly nutritious vegetable that can be used in a range of different meals from lunches, dinners and even smoothies. In this salad it combines wonderfully with blueberries and almonds to provide a tasty and filling meal.
Our Kale, Blueberry and Almond Salad is a fresh and tasty salad low in carbohydrates and high in fibre and antioxidants. Unlike some salads, the combination of kale, blueberries and almonds provides both fibre and fats that prolong a feeling of fullness. The salad is quick and easy to prepare and works well as a side salad with any meal. Alternatively, add some cooked meat, fish or eggs for a lunchbox meal.
– 1 handful of kale, washed and chopped
– 50 g blueberries
– 30 g sliced almonds
– ½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– Juice of ½ lime
– ½ tsp. salt
1. Toast the almonds in a hot pan, tossing regularly.
2. Once they begin to brown, remove from the pan.
3. Dry the kale and massage with oil in a salad bowl.
4. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper and mix together.
5. Top with blueberries and almonds, and serve.