These tasty turkey burgers are ideal for an evening dinner with some sweet potato wedges or mash. They are high in protein making them ideal for your gym days.
Turkey tends to be most commonly associated with the festive period but turkey is a hugely versatile meat that can be consumed any time of the year. Turkey mince can be used to make burgers or even used in stir-fry’s. Turkey meat is a lean source of protein making it ideal for those looking for higher protein food options.
– 600 g turkey mince
– 1 egg
– 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
– ½ red onion, finely chopped
– 100 g courgette, grated
– 1 tsp. ground cumin
– 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
– 1 tsp. ground ginger
– ½ tsp. paprika
– 1 Tbsp. tomato puree
– Zest of ½ lime
– Sprinkle of dried mixed herbs
1. Using your hands, mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Form the mixture into burgers for desired number e.g. four to six.
3. Place burgers on a non-stick tray or glass dish, and drizzle with a touch of olive oil.
4. In an oven pre-heated to 180°C, bake for 25 minutes and serve.
(Spiced sweet potato wedges make an excellent side dish)