The main ingredient in this Mexican-inspired guacamole is avocado which is a nutrient dense fruit that is low in sugar and high in healthy fats, fibre and antioxidants. Guacamole is tasty, refreshing and a healthy dip that can be added to meals for flavour or eaten with vegetables as a healthy snack.
This quick and easy recipe is a delicious low carb dip for any spicy food or vegetable sticks. Avocado is a low GI fruit that is high in fibre and healthy fats helping it to provide a sustainable energy source and the feeling of fullness. This Mexican-inspired guacamole is a heart friendly accompaniment to a hot chilli con carne or homemade burgers. Alternately the refreshing dip can be eaten with vegetable sticks as part of a lunchbox snack.
– 2 ripe avocados
– 1 tomato
– ½ red onion
– Handful of fresh coriander
– Juice of one lime
– ½ fresh chilli (optional)
– Salt and pepper
1. Peel and core the avocados and mash until smooth
2. Finely chop the red onion, tomato, coriander and chilli (if using)
3. Add to the mashed avocado and pour over the lime juice
4. Mix well and taste adding salt and pepper to season