These bars are certainly tasty and make for a great “on the move snack” but they are very energy-dense, so have one or two at time.
The main benefit of granola bars are that they make a convenient snack if you are on the go or need a pre or post training snack. Outside of that they should be considered a treat!
– 120 g almond butter
– 100 g honey
– 30 g coconut oil
– 120 g oats
– 70 g mixed seeds
– 60 g raw cocoa nibs
– 30 g chia seeds
- In medium-sized pan on medium heat, melt nut butter, coconut oil and honey. Do not boil or carmelise.
- Remove from heat, quickly add remaining dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread mix in shallow, non-stick 8×8 pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from pan and cut into small sizes to make 15 bars.