These nutritious Eggy Veggie Buns tick all the right boxes for a healthy snack, whether eaten hot at the time, or eaten later on-the-go.
If you are feeling peckish before bed, these would also work well as a pre-bedtime snack. The buns are low in carbohydrate, rich in protein and the essential fats and vitamins that you would expect from eggs, while the addition of vegetables rounds them off nicely. Here is just one recipe but you can use whichever vegetables that you have to hand.
– 4 eggs
– 4 slices ham or cooked bacon
– 1 red pepper
– 2 spring onions
– 2 handfuls of spinach
– Salt and pepper
– Cayenne pepper (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Chop vegetables and ham/bacon into 1 cm slices and mix together.
- Spoon a small amount of this mixture evenly into 12 muffin cases.
- Beat eggs and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over the mixture until muffin case is nearly full.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, and serve or store.