Eggs in ham cups can be used as a quick breakfast or snack. They are high in protein and low in carbohydrate making them ideal for days you need a lower level of carbohydrate in your diet. They are particularly suitable for anyone following a low carbohydrate diet.
Eggs in ham cups are extremely versatile and easy to make, they can be used for everything from the school lunch box to a post gym workout snack. Eggs and ham are an excellent combination to provide a low carbohydrate based snack. Make sure to use only the best quality home cooked ham when making these ham cups.
– Coconut oil OR butter for greasing the tin
– 4 eggs
– 4 slices of home cooked ham – turkey can also be used
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– Grated cheese
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C (375°F).
2. Using butter or coconut oil grease a muffin tray.
3. Place 1-2 slices of ham into each muffin cup.
4. Crack an egg into the ham cup and season with a little salt and lots of black pepper.
5. Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the eggs.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.