Dark Chocolate and Pecan Banana Bread is a perfect treat for a high carb day or after a tough training session.
This banana bread is wheat free and lower in sugar than most traditional banana breads. The dark chocolate and pecans give it a really rich, luxurious taste while also supplying an array of healthy fats and flavanoids.
– 250 g rolled porridge oats
– 100 g ground almonds
– 115 g pecan halves
– 70 g dark chocolate (>70%), chopped into chunks
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 3 bananas, mashed
– 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
– 1 Tbsp. honey
– 2 eggs
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Blend the melted coconut oil, honey and eggs together before adding the mashed bananas.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients together, mixing well.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake at 170℃ for 30 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before slicing.