This simple granola recipe works well sprinkled on top of porridge or yogurt.
Granola is an excellent breakfast or snack option to have on exercise days. Homemade varieties can be made to suit your specific needs, i.e. more oats, dried fruit and honey if you want to fuel up on carbs, and more nuts, seeds and oils and less dried fruit and oats if you want go for a lower carb option.
– 100 g oats
– 2 Tbsp. honey
– 3 Tbsp. buckwheat
– 3 Tbsp. mixed nuts
– 3 Tbsp. flaked almonds
– 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 100 g dried fruit mix
– 2 Tbsp. virgin coconut oil
-1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. Mix all dry ingredients, except for the dried fruit in a large bowl.
2. Melt the coconut oil on a medium heat, before stiring in honey and olive oil.
3. Add this mix to the dry mix, and bake in an oven pre-heated to 200°C for 15 minutes.
4. After 15 minutes, add in the dried fruit, mix and bake for another 10 minutes until the granola is a light brown colour.