A great homemade oat based cracker the ideal savoury vehicle for hummus or nut butter made using seeds and nuts.
These crackers are ideal for having as a healthy snack with hummus or nut butter.
– 60 g rolled oats or oat flour
– 50 g ground almonds
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil
– 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 30 g mixed nuts (e.g. almonds, cashew and hazelnuts)
– 4 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
– ½ tsp. baking powder
– ¼ tsp. salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. In a blender, blend all the ingredients into a powdery mixture.
3. Add a small amount of water (roughly 100 mL) slowly, and blend again to bring the mixture together.
4. Remove to a large bowl, using your hands create a round dough.
5. Place the dough on a dry surface, and flatten using a rolling pin.
6. Cut into crackers of desired size and shape, and place on baking paper on a baking tray.
7. Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove and allow to cool fully before serving.