These Chocolate Nut Bars are a nutritious lunch box treat packed full of fibre and healthy fats. An excellent low-carb snack.
The nuts and seeds mixed with coconut makes these bars make an excellent low carbohydrate snack, but importantly are energy-dense and will keep you going throughout the day. A nice option is the addition of chocolate protein powder in the form of either whey or casein that will boost the protein content of the bars, which means that they then can form part of a recovery snack.
– 200 g mixed nuts
– 2 Tbsp. ground flax/chia seeds
– 2 Tbsp. honey
– 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
– 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
– 1 Tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
– 2 scoops chocolate whey/casein
– 2 Tbsp. milk/almond milk/coconut milk
- In a food processor, chop nuts to a coarse consistency.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined.
- Pack into a shallow pan lined with greaseproof paper and place in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and cut into bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.