This is the perfect low carbohydrate evening dish for a non-exercise day.
A protein rich dish it can be used on a non training day accompanied with low carb veg like a red pepper or cauliflower rice or re heated on a training day with a baked potato.
– 2 Tbsp. olive oil
– 500 g minced beef
– 1 onion, finely diced
– 3 red chilli peppers, finely sliced
– 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
– 2 bell peppers, chopped
– 2 Tbsp. cumin
– 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
– 1 Tbsp. paprika
– 500 g tomatoes, chopped
– 400 g kidney beans
– Handful of chopped coriander
– Juice of 1 lime
– 1 Tbsp. honey
1. Sauté the onions on medium-high heat for 10 minutes before adding chillies, garlic and peppers
2. Add in meat and spices (cumin, cinnamon and paprika).
3. Cook until meat is brown, and then add in chopped tomatoes.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add in juice of lime and kidney beans, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Add in fresh coriander and honey to taste.
7. If you like it spicier, add either cayenne pepper or dried chilli flakes.
8. Serve with rice, sour cream, guacamole, a strong cheddar and lettuce.