Want a tasty pizza without using regular flour? This is a not just a healthy meal but also an ideal dinner option for anyone looking for low carb alternatives to your regular pizza. If you want to try something a little different but you still want lots of great taste and flavour this is a great place to start!
– 1 medium cauliflower head
– 2 tsp. ground almonds
– ¼ tsp. salt
– ¼ tsp. pepper
– ½ tsp. dried basil
– ½ tsp. dried oregano
– ½ tsp. garlic powder
– ½ tsp. salt
– ½ tsp. pepper
– 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
– 1 egg
1. Chop the cauliflower, and remove the stem.
2. Blend the cauliflower for about 30 seconds until you get a powdery/crumbly consistency.
3. Steam the cauliflower for 4 minutes, before removing and squeezing out as much moisture as possible, i.e. you want this to be as dry as possible.
4. Place the cauliflower crumbs in a large mixing bowl, add the egg (beaten), Parmesan cheese, herbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mix well.
5. Once mixed, use your hands to roll the dough flat like a pizza crust on oiled baking paper.
6. Bake for 15 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 200°C, and then remove.
7. Add your own tomato sauce and other toppings of choice, e.g. onions, chopped peppers, sliced tomatoes, chicken, mozzarella cheese.
8. Bake for another 10 minutes before serving.