Recovery snacks don’t have to be tasteless or boring. These scones are made with oats, honey and fresh fruit and provide an abundance of essential nutrients.
These oat, blueberry and banana recovery scones are perfect for recovery after intense exercise. They contain carbohydrate a moderate amount of protein and vital micronutrients which will support recovery.
– 150 g porridge oats
– 2 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
– 2 Tbsp. ground almonds
– 2 Tbsp. milled chia seeds
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 3 Tbsp. raisins
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– Pinch of salt
– 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 3 eggs
– 4 Tbsp. blueberries
– 2 bananas, mashed
– 1 tsp. vanilla essence
– 2 Tbsp. honey
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a blender, mix the eggs, coconut oil, bananas, blueberries, honey and vanilla essence until smooth.
3. Add this mix to the dry ingredients bowl and mix well to form a wet dough.
4. Using a spoon, transfer and evenly distribute into muffin cases in a muffin tray.
5. Bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C for 30 minutes.