What you want from bread is something that tastes really good while providing a satisfied and filling feeling.
This blueberry – banana and pecan bread is a healthy alternative to regular bread. The recipe uses oats to provide the bulk of the carbohydrate, while the banana, cinnamon and vanilla essence provide the sweet taste to compliment the roasted nuts.
– 120 g rolled porridge oats
– 70 g pecan nuts
– 50 g chopped almonds
– 2 Tbsp. ground almonds
– 2 Tbsp. milled flaxseed
– 2 Tbsp. Greek yoghurt
– 4 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
– 2 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
– 3 eggs, medium
– 4 Tbsp. blueberries
– 2 bananas
– 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a blender, mix the eggs, coconut oil, bananas, and Greek yoghurt until smooth.
- Add this mix to the dry ingredients, and mix well to form a wet dough.
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper.
- In an oven pre-heated to 180°C, bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing, and serving.