Baked potato with 1-2 eggs is one of the simplest meals you can make that provides a great source of both carbohydrate and protein. This is an excellent post workout recovery meal that takes very little preparation.
A medium sized baked potato with an egg will provide you with roughly 25 g of carbohydrate and 10 g of protein. All you need to do is scale up the portion size if you need more carbohydrate and protein to meet your nutrient targets.
– 2 large potatoes
– 2 large eggs
– A knob of butter
– Salt and ground black pepper
– Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5, 190°C (375°F).
2. Place the potatoes in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until they are tender.
3. Scoop enough potato out of the top of each potato to create space for a medium sized egg.
4. Add in a knob of butter and season with salt and pepper.
5. Gently crack the egg into the area you scooped out, do the same with the second egg.
6. Place the potatoes back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the egg is cooked to desired liking.
7. Add a little more salt, pepper and parmesan and serve.