These apple oat buns are a great option for days you need a tasty and enjoyable high carbohydrate snack.
Oats are a hugely versatile food that can be used for any meal, even desserts. Apple oat buns are a healthy convenient snack that can be used as a pre or post training snack.
– 180 g oats, blitzed
– 1 tsp. cinnamon
– 2 Tbsp. desiccated coconut
– 250 mL almond OR whole milk
– 3 egg whites
– 1 Tbsp. honey
– 3 large apples, green
– 3 Tbsp. raisins
– 50 g flaked almonds
1. Peel and chop apples, mix with honey and raisins in a saucepan on medium heat to cook until apples begin to break down.
2. Mix oats, cinnamon and coconut together in one bowl, and whisk egg whites and milk together in another bowl.
3. Add the wet mix to the dry mix, mixing continuously until all ingredients are combined.
4. Next add in apple mixture and mix well.
5. Divide into eight equal sizes in baking cups in a baking tray.
6. Sprinkle flaked almonds over each, and bake in an oven pre-heated to 190°C for 35 minutes.