Almond-coated Fried Chicken is a healthy and tasty alternative to breaded fried chicken using ground almond flour and coconut oil.
This quick and easy recipe is high in protein, which is important for recovery and growth, and the almond flour provides a good source of healthy fats. This combination also has a strong effect on satisfying your appetite. Importantly, this recipe works well for being re-heated when time is short, so you’ll never opt for processed fast-food again!
– 2 chicken fillets
– 1 egg
– 2 Tbsp. whole milk OR almond milk
– 80 g almond flour OR ground almonds
– 1 tsp. paprika
– Coconut oil for frying
- Slice each fillet lengthways into two even strips.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and milk together.
- Combine the flour and seasoning in another shallow bowl.
- Dip a chicken strip into the egg mixture, transfer to the flour mix and coat generously. Set aside and repeat for the remaining strips.
- In a hot pan using coconut oil, fry for 2 minutes each side.
- Turn the heat down to medium and turn regularly until cooked through.